Benzodiazepines, also known as benzos, are often prescribed to treat insomnia or anxiety disorders. While they can be incredibly effective at addressing these issues, benzos also have a high potential for misuse, and many who are prescribed these sedatives develop dependency or addiction. A Better State’s benzo addiction treatment program in New Hampshire provides clients with an effective outpatient option to address this substance use disorder. Through evidence-based and holistic approaches to treatment, we’re able to give our clients the support they need to avoid relapse and navigate any challenges that may lie ahead.
Lasting recovery from benzo addiction is possible. If you or a loved one is struggling with a dependency on Xanax, Valium, or any other benzos, reach out to the A Better State team at 781.412.1488 to get started on the journey to recovery.
How Benzo Addiction Develops
When used as prescribed, benzos can be helpful for short-term treatment; however, if they are used for longer periods of time or at higher doses, users can become addicted. Benzo addiction can develop quickly and may cause severe health problems if not treated.
Some common signs that someone is struggling with benzo addiction include:
- Developing a tolerance to the drug and needing increasingly larger doses to feel the desired effects
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug, including anxiety, tremors, and seizures
- Taking benzos illegally or mixing them with other drugs or alcohol
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of these signs, it’s important to seek professional help as soon as possible.
The Benefits of Benzo Addiction Treatment
There are many benefits to seeking treatment for benzo addiction. Some key benefits include:
- Receiving evidence-based care that has been shown to be effective in treating benzo addiction
- Getting support from a team of professionals who understand the challenges that come with this type of addiction
- Having access to holistic therapies that can address the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of addiction
What Clients Can Expect in Benzo Addiction Treatment
When clients enter our benzo addiction treatment program, they can expect:
- Regular meetings with a counselor who will assess their needs and develop a treatment plan
- Group therapy sessions with other people who are struggling with benzo addiction
- Participation in holistic therapies such as yoga, meditation, and art therapy
- Education about benzo addiction and recovery
We offer a wide range of therapies at A Better State, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and family therapy. These approaches can help clients identify the thoughts and behaviors that contribute to their addiction and develop new coping skills to deal with stressors in a healthy way.
If you’re ready to take the first step in your recovery journey, contact A Better State today. We offer a free, confidential consultation to help you understand your treatment options.
Our Approach to Benzo Addiction Treatment
Our comprehensive approach to benzo addiction treatment means that we take into account all of the factors that may have contributed to benzo addiction in the first place. Addressing this substance use disorder also involves finding ways to approach any underlying anxiety or sleep disorders as well as other co-occurring disorders.
If you or a loved one is struggling with a dependency on Xanax, Valium, or any other benzos, reach out to the A Better State team to get started on the journey to recovery.