Alcohol addiction is one of the most common and most dangerous substance use disorders. Alcohol is legal and widely available, and its accessibility has made it especially challenging to treat. If you’re struggling with alcohol addiction, you know firsthand how difficult it can be to avoid alcohol. However, the outpatient alcohol addiction treatment program at A Better State can provide you with the support you need to finally break free from the cycle of addiction. Through evidence-based approaches to substance abuse treatment, like medication-assisted treatment as well as holistic approaches like yoga or mindfulness meditation therapy, we work to give our clients the tools they need to avoid relapse. And at A Better State, a trauma-informed perspective informs all we do, as we know the role that past trauma can play in substance abuse issues.
How Alcohol Addiction Develops
Alcohol addiction can develop in anyone, but it often starts with casual drinking. For some people, drinking can lead to social anxiety or inhibition, and they drink to ease these feelings. Others may start drinking to cope with stress or problems in their lives. As alcohol addiction develops, a person will need more and more alcohol to achieve the desired effects. They may also start experiencing negative consequences as a result of their drinking, such as legal problems, financial difficulties, or relationship problems.
Signs That Someone Might Be Struggling With Alcohol Addiction
If you’re worried that you or someone you know might be struggling with alcohol addiction, look for the following signs:
- Drinking more than intended or drinking to get drunk
- Unsuccessful attempts to cut back on drinking or stop drinking altogether
- Spending a lot of time drinking or thinking about drinking
- Giving up important activities in favor of drinking
- Continuing to drink even though it’s causing problems in your life
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop drinking, such as shaking, sweating, or nausea
- Needing more and more alcohol to feel the desired effects
If you’re struggling with any of these signs, it’s important to seek help. Alcohol addiction is a serious problem, but it is treatable. The sooner you get help, the better your chances are of making a full recovery.
Benefits of Alcohol Addiction Treatment
There are many benefits to getting treatment for alcohol addiction. Some of the key benefits include:
- Getting help from a professional team of experts who can provide you with the support you need
- Having access to medication-assisted treatment, which can help reduce cravings and withdrawal symptoms
- Participating in holistic therapies like yoga or mindfulness meditation therapy, which can help you learn new ways to cope with stress and triggers
- Receiving support from others who are also struggling with alcohol addiction can provide validation and encouragement
- Learning about the signs and symptoms of relapse and how to avoid them
To learn more about the benefits of alcohol addiction treatment, reach out to our team at A Better State.
What Clients Can Expect in an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
Learn More About A Better State’s New Hampshire Rehab Center
In addition to alcohol addiction treatment, A Better State’s outpatient rehab center provides treatment for opioid addiction, stimulant addiction, and co-occurring mental health concerns. We support our clients every step of the way, whether you need the accountability of a sober living home or connections to community resources. Take the first step today by calling A Better State at 781.412.1488 or by connecting with our team online.