If you receive a prescription from a doctor, you likely assume that the medication is safe. Even if side effects like nausea or headaches might accompany the medication, addiction and dependency might not cross your mind. However, prescription drug addiction is a growing concern that affects millions of Americans. A wide range of prescription medications has the potential for misuse, including opioid painkillers, benzodiazepines, and stimulants. These medications can be addictive when used incorrectly and can lead to dangerous consequences.
A Better State offers a prescription drug addiction treatment program in New Hampshire that can make a difference in your life. Through highly effective substance abuse treatment, we can help you overcome your addiction and get back to living a healthy and fulfilling life. If you’re ready to learn more, reach out to A Better State at 781.412.1488 or connect with our team online.
What Is Prescription Drug Addiction?
Prescription drug addiction occurs when someone uses a medication that has been prescribed for them in a way that is not intended. This might involve taking higher doses than prescribed, taking the medication more often than prescribed, or using the medication in a way that is not prescribed, such as snorting it instead of taking it in pill form.
A number of prescription medications can be addictive. These include:
Xanax, Valium, and Ativan are all benzodiazepines that can lead to addiction when used incorrectly.
Signs That You Might Be Struggling with Prescription Drug Addiction
There are a number of signs that might suggest you are struggling with prescription drug addiction. These include:
- You are taking higher doses of the medication than prescribed.
- You’re taking the medication more often than prescribed.
- You’ve used the medication in a way that is not prescribed, such as crushing and snorting pills.
- You have developed a tolerance to the medication and require higher doses to achieve
- You experience withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking the medication.
- You’re having difficulty functioning without the medication.
- You are struggling to meet your responsibilities at work, school, or home.
- You have engaged in risky behavior while taking the medication.
If you’ve experienced any of these signs, it’s important to seek treatment for prescription drug addiction.
The Benefits of Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
There are a number of benefits to seeking treatment for prescription drug addiction. These include:
- Comprehensive care that addresses all aspects of your addiction, including your physical and mental health.
- Education about the root causes of your addiction and how to manage it effectively.
- Healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress and triggers.
- Access to support from our team of highly trained addiction counselors.
- A network of support through group therapy and 12-step meetings
During your time in treatment at A Better State, you’ll work closely with our team to create an individualized treatment plan that will meet your needs.
Reach Out to A Better State to Learn More
Contact A Better State today to discover how our prescription drug addiction treatment program in New Hampshire can help you overcome your addiction and get back to living a healthy life. Our team is here to answer all of your questions and help you get started on the road to recovery. In addition to prescription drug addiction treatment, we offer highly effective treatment programs to tackle opioid addiction, alcohol addiction, and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today—giving the A Better State team a call can be the first step in working towards a new life. Contact us at 781.412.1488 or reach out online to learn more.